A Taproom Bartender is responsible for serving drinks and assisting guests. This person ensures that customers have a great experience and want to come back.
- Educating customers about New Anthem and our beer, and assisting them in making selections
- Educating and assisting customers in making wine selections
- Selling drinks and merchandise and accurately recording sales through our POS system
- Changing kegs
- Answering the phone and taking messages as needed
- Checking IDs and ensuring compliance with all laws regarding safe service of alcohol
- Opening and closing the taproom consistently in accordance with New Anthem procedures
- Ensuring the taproom is clean and ready for customers at the beginning and end of shifts
- Monitoring customers, cleanliness, safety, and supplies during their shift
- Verifying the beers on tap meet our serving standards
- Participating in regular team deep cleans of the taproom
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior bartending experience
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of craft beer (Cicerone Beer Server Certification a strong plus)
- Strong knowledge of wine, its storage, and service
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to quickly react to problems in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ethics, responsibility, and reliability
This position requires shift work, weekend & holiday work, and work in a noisy, crowded, and fast-paced environment. Occasional off-site event work as required.
This position requires standing for extended periods of time. This person may also be required to lift full kegs (150 lbs) with help or with a dolly. Lifting boxes up to 50 lbs is also required.